Plotting take a year (using geom_sf, geom_rect)
Rasyid Ridha
2018-08-11 06:49:30 UTC

I have an sf data frame with size only 15.6 MB (memory size is ~28MB)
downloaded from GADM
(https://biogeo.ucdavis.edu/data/gadm3.6/Rsf/gadm36_IDN_1_sf.rds).
I try to visualize the map using this code below:

id <- read_rds("data/gadm36_IDN_1_sf.rds")

ggplot() +
geom_sf(data = id)

I do not why this could happen but it took a year to visualize the plot. Is
it normal or not? It also happened when I use geom_rect

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ggplot2" group.
Hiroaki Yutani
2018-08-11 15:05:08 UTC
If you are using macOS, this may help:

https://github.com/tidyverse/ggplot2/issues/2655#issuecomment-392844068

(On my Windows it took around 10-20 seconds)
Hi,

Konstantinos L. Papageorgiou